As we prepare for our going away open house and realize that we have less than five days here in the place that has become home for many of us, I am in a whirlwind of mixed emotions. Bittersweet doesn’t quite cover the range of feelings that I am experiencing. As excited as I am to see my family, I have come to feel very needed here and although I know my family and friends miss me, they have the assurance that they will see me again, whereas the friends I have made here have the “Insha’allah, bgit nrj’a ” (God-willing, I want to return) that I can offer them. And unfortunately, I have no idea when I will return, either. I also do not want to leave with any regrets and I am not sure I have taken full advantage of the opportunities that have come my way.
Last Thursday we finished our work at the American School because they have spring break this week. This last week will be spent with friends and host families. Tuesday and Wednesday are pretty full of visits, and Thursday and Friday will be final goodbyes, plus cleaning and packing.
Please keep in your thoughts:
-The friends we are leaving behind, especially those for whom we make up half or more of their circle of friends, and those who often lose friends to their home countries- that they would know that the Counselor will be the friend that will never leave.
- That we would have peace of mind knowing the Coordinator knows what He is doing and has a plan through it all.
- That we would not miss out on opportunities even in this last week.
- That stress levels would not be too high but that everything would go smoothly and that all our stuff would fit in two suitcases and be under the weight limit because of all the stuff we bought!
- Smooth and safe travels home on Friday and Saturday.
- Reunions with family and friends
We are thankful for:
- The five months we were able to spend here and the five months worth of friends we have made.
- The people here who have supported us and been very grateful for the help we have offered.
- The friends that have welcomed us and loved us in spite of our lack of knowledge and language ability.
- The Counselor’s faithfulness through it all.
- The people back in the U.S. that have been supporting us the whole way.
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and support as we embarked on our journey!
We have been blessed by you!
--Jamila
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment